WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
Following on from its success earlier this year, Getting to grips with your investment strategy - setting your mission is a one hour workshop focusing on the nature of the pension benefit promise made to members of defined benefit schemes. It highlights key areas that trustees and those running pension schemes should consider. The workshop is the first of two workshops designed to help trustees navigate the complexities of investing in today's challenging environment. The workshops are sponsored and delivered by Russell Investments.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Trustees of DB pension schemes and anyone responsible for running a DB scheme.
Owen Davies, Senior Manager, UK Institutional
- Principles underpinning the defined benefit promise
- The mathematics behind this promise
- The importance of taking decisions in an asset-liability framework
- How changing bond yields affect liabilities
- What pays your members’ benefits
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
After attending the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the nature of the promise you have made to members
- Recognise how to determine an asset liability framework for your scheme
- Identify how changes in bond yields may affect the value of your scheme/s liabilities
- Be aware of the balance between the level of contributions and the need for investment return
WHAT ARE THE DATES AND TIMES?
9:00am - 10:00am on 16 September 2016 at the PLSA, London
Registration from 8:30am
- Free to Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association members -
- £100+VAT non-members -
The second workshop in this series is on 26 September 2016 More
For more information please contact Nikolina Hudi on 020 7601 1710 or email: [email protected]