Our expert trainers take trustees with less than 12 months’ experience, including no experience at all, through how pension schemes work, what is expected of them and how to apply good scheme governance. As a live, interactive course, it brings to life the Pensions Regulator's Trustee Knowledge and Understanding requirements.
This course is aimed mainly at DB trustees, but certain parts of the course apply to DC schemes too.
you'll learn about
- Pension trustee duties, responsibilities and powers
- How trustees protect themselves against legal challenge
- Types of advisers and advice
- How workplace pension schemes are financed and how they value their assets and liabilities
- Investment strategies
- Accountability and communication
- Good pension scheme governance
HOW THE DIGITAL TRUSTEESHIP PART 1 SESSION WORKS
The PLSA’s digital part 1 trustee training course will offer everything you have come to expect from our face-to-face sessions, just with a digital twist. Anyone can join a digital training session – from any location, wherever that might be.
- Our digital course is run through the video communication platform Zoom over two mornings and allows for plenty of breaks. One week before the course you’ll receive joining instructions which will include a zoom link to access the sessions.
- The course is interactive, with attendees expected to have their cameras turned on, and will include thought provoking group discussions and case studies, breakout sessions and polls, as well as the opportunity to ask questions to our experienced speakers.
- After the course you will receive a workbook which includes useful and comprehensive notes from the course.