Our expert, independent trainers take trustees with less than 12 months’ experience – including no experience at all – and anyone needing a refresher through how pension schemes work, what is expected of them and how to apply good scheme governance.
This course is aimed mainly at DB trustees, but certain parts of the course apply to DC schemes too.
you'll learn about
- Pension trustee duties, responsibilities and powers
- How trustees protect themselves against legal challenge
- Types of advisers and advice
- How workplace pension schemes are financed and how they value their assets and liabilities
- Investment strategies
- Accountability and communication
- Good pension scheme governance