WHAT IS THE COURSE FOR?
To explain the theory behind pension scheme trusteeship.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Trust Law duties, powers and responsibilities
- Financing pension arrangements
- Investment responsibilities
- Trustee Accountability and communication
- Governance practices
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
After attending the course you will be able to:
- List the main pension trustee duties, responsibilities and powers and explain how trustees aim to protect themselves against legal challenge
- Classify the main advisers trustees normally use and identify the nature of advice each category of adviser provides
- Explain to others how workplace pension schemes are financed and how they value their assets and liabilities
- List key issues for pension scheme trustees to consider when determining their investment strategy
- Name key actions pension scheme trustees should carry out they if they wish to exhibit good governance in their pension scheme
WHAT ARE THE DATES AND TIMES?
1 day, 10:00-16:00
Please note that this course on 11 October will be taking place in the new PLSA offices, 24 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4TY.
Please note that this course on 20 November will be taking place in the new PLSA offices, 24 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4TY.
£488+VAT - PLSA member
£868+VAT - Non-member
020 7601 1765 | email@example.com
Join us on 6 December for our Trustee Conference, an exclusive one-day event designed for trustees to help you keep up-to-date on the latest changes affecting pensions and the growing complexity of the role of a trustee - all abilities catered for. To register click here.
Open ONLY to non-professional and professional trustees the conference attracts around 200 people. It is free to attend for member non-professional trustees.