As we hopefully approach the other side of the pandemic and the UK prepares to host COP26 in just a few weeks’ time, we’ll look at what the seismic post-pandemic changes to life, work and travel may mean from an investment perspective, and what the coming energy transition and accompanying pensions regulation will bring for DB schemes with liability-driven portfolios. A specialist insurer of DB schemes, with a portfolio of £50bn backing future pension payments, discusses what a purposeful investment strategy looks like.
The discussion will cover:
- What bulk annuity insurer portfolios look like coming out of the pandemic;
- Investment opportunities that have come out of the pandemic and how we position our portfolio to take advantage of these;
- Investments that may offer value and protection vis a vis coming macro changes including inflation and heightened regulatory pressure;
- The ‘S’ – Social component of ESG and the need for purposeful investments;
- Our own journey to making a Net Zero commitment and eventual decarbonisation;
- How we realise Net Zero ambitions while maintaining a diversified portfolio by investing in companies on a glide path to carbon neutrality