Leading Pensions Conference launches new stream
03 May 2012
The UK’s biggest pensions conference will offer HR professionals and employee benefits experts a new stream of speakers and sessions this year.
The National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) is launching the “Pensions and Employee Benefits” stream at its Annual Conference and Exhibition in Liverpool in October. The new stream will reflect the growing interest in pensions as part of the wider employee benefits strategy, particularly with the upcoming introduction of auto-enrolment.
The stream will consist of various sessions focusing on:
• The business benefits of providing good quality pensions under auto-enrolment, and its changing role as a workforce management tool;
• How to engage different segments of a company’s workforce in pensions planning;
• The key factors, and things to watch out for, when considering which staff pension to choose;
• The evolving role of corporate wraps and flexible benefit offerings in workplace savings.
The stream will feature high-profile speakers coming from both the HR profession and the employee benefits industry.
Darren Philp, Policy Director of the NAPF, said:
“Pensions have become an increasingly important issue for the HR profession but need to be set in the context of the wider employee benefits offer. We have decided to offer a new stream at our Annual Conference to reflect this growing trend and to better meet the changing needs of the HR industry.
“This year’s stream will provide HR directors and managers with tailored and hands-on information on pensions and employee benefits. But it will also give HR experts and the employee benefits industry the chance to get together and better understand their different needs. This will enable both industries to create better synergies, which we believe they will have important repercussions for the take up of retirement savings through the workplace.”
The Pensions and Employee Benefits stream will replace the HR stream which has featured in previous conferences.
The NAPF Annual Conference and Exhibition will take place in Liverpool from 17 to 19 October. It is expected to attract 1,000 delegates from the pensions industry. This year’s focus will be on reinvigorating workplace pensions. Among the key speakers confirmed so far are Pensions Minister Steve Webb and Shadow Pensions Minister Gregg McClymont.
Notes to editors:
1. The NAPF is the leading voice of workplace pensions in the UK. We speak for 1,200 pension schemes with some 15 million members and assets of around £800 billion. NAPF members also include over 400 businesses providing essential services to the pensions sector.
Paul Platt, Head of Media and PR, NAPF, 020 7601 1717 or 07917 506 683, [email protected]
Christian Zarro, Press Officer, NAPF, 020 7601 1718 or 07825 171 446, [email protected]