Effective high-quality administration has never been more important. But, with the factors that influence quality becoming more complex it is increasingly difficult to understand what good looks like. In this teach-in, we will aim to explain the factors that influence and support high-quality pensions administration.
This teach-in is sponsored and delivered by Trafalgar House.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who is responsible for monitoring or investing pension scheme portfolio.
Client Director, Trafalgar House
Topics to be covered:
- Design –
how service agreements can be shaped to influence focus and service delivery
– what good looks like in a modern service operation
- Quality –
how assurance frameworks and best practice can be used to maintain quality
– how to effectively manage and analyse administration services
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
AFTER ATTENDING THE TEACH-IN YOU WILL:
- Recognise the level of influence administration outcomes can have on outcomes
- Identify the key components of good service delivery
- Identify the assurance and certification frameworks that improve resilience and quality
- Recognise how to monitor and manage an administration service to achieve best outcomes
WHEN AND WHERE IS THIS TEACH-IN?
4:30-5:30 on 24 October 2017 at the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association's offices in London
Registration from 04:15
Non-members - £100 + VAT (per meeting)
- FREE TO MEMBERS
- EARN CPD CREDITS
Sessions take place at the Pension and Lifetime Savings Association's London offices.
Click here for location details and nearby hotels.
For more information please contact Rebecca Moessl on tel: 020 7601 1709 or email: email@example.com