What is it for?
The workshop is designed to help trustees, managers and advisers of DC workplace schemes identify best practice, comply with new statutory requirements, and raise awareness of current innovations, regulatory guidance and developments in the DC world. This workshop focuses on investment in DC schemes.
Who is it for?
Experienced trustees, managers, and advisers of DC workplace schemes. Although primarily focussed on trust-based schemes, the workshops may also be helpful for independent governance committee members, providers and advisers of contract-based schemes.
- Trustee investment duties and power
- Changes to default funds and investment strategies, in the light of freedom and choice changes
- Issues surrounding transaction and manager costs, including value for money
- Trustee liability and how to mitigate risk
- Communicating with members
- What’s new in the world of DC?
What will I learn?
After attending the workshop you will :
- Be able to recognise trustees’ investment duties and powers and identify the importance of establishing proper procedures for managing investment managers
- Be able to recognise key issues relating to investment strategy for default funds
- Be aware of trustee liability in relation to investment risk
- Identify best practice for managing transaction and manager costs
- Be aware of changes to disclosure requirements when communicating about investment
- Be familiar with new DC market developments and regulatory requirements
When and where is this workshop?
9:30am – 11:00am on 5 December 2016
The workshop takes place at LINKLATERS London offices Map
Registration from 9:00am
£100 + VAT PLSA members
£200 + VAT non-members
For more information please contact Rebecca Moessl on tel: 020 7601 1709 or email: [email protected]