Impact Investing, and aligning investments with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, can be seen not only as a risk management tool, but also a source of returns. It can be argued the UN’s 17 goals – and their 169 sub-goals – map the future global megatrends of the next 10-20 years. Investors can’t afford to ignore them.
In this webinar UBP debunked the myths and assumptions about Impact Investing, and analysed what investment in this area could mean for pension schemes’ portfolios, local authorities and corporate sponsors.
What you’ll learn
- Common myths and assumptions about impact investing
- What does impact investing actually mean for financial returns? Discover the financial returns and growth story behind impact investing
- Explore how the 17 UN SDGs and their 169 sub-goals form the roadmap for the global megatrends of the next 10-20 years
- Hear investee company case studies and understand how they can be similar to traditional investees
- How impact investing is an important risk management tool for your scheme, and how the evolution of indices and the Global Industry Classification Standard provide industry standards
- Discover how and why impact investing strategies can complement existing core equity allocations