This programme is supported by the following organisations:
Lane Clark & Peacock
Northern Trust Asset Management
WHAT'S THE PROGRAMME FOR?
Diversity on the boards of companies has been a major theme of Government policy for several years. Evidence suggests diverse boards make for more effective boards and better performing companies. Generating wider representation in terms of gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, and social class encourages greater diversity, reduces the impact of cognitive and cultural biases, and encourages a less 'mirror image' culture.
The Diverse Leadership programme offers a range of support and learning for potential industry leaders, including help to:
- recognise why there is a need for self-aware influential leaders;
- identify how to encourage greater diversity in the workplace;
- recognise why it's important to break the culture of the mirror image;
- demonstrate an awareness of how to understand colleagues needs individually and in teams, and how to influence this; and
- recognise how improving your influencing skills and personal impact can bring about change
Brendan McCarron who takes the lead on the delivery of the programme, discusses leadership in a short video which can be accessed on our video archive page here.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Pensions industry professionals new to management or experienced managers interested in refreshing their skills.
- Self-awareness eg how I come across to direct reports, senior management and other pension professionals
- Influencing and leadership strategies and in particular generating wider representation in the workplace
- Situational awareness and appropriate decision-making
- Recognising communication problems impacting on decisions and the advantages of avoiding cognitive and cultural biases
- How teams develop internally and externally
- Improving team work, fostering diversity in the workplace and avoiding 'the mirror image' approach
- Personal development strategies and how to adapt these into team strategies
For more information have a look at the programme brochure
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
After completing the programme you will be able to:
- Recognise why there is a need for self-aware influential leaders
- Determine how your degree of influence is identified in your own organisation and in particular in terms of diversity and representation in your workplace
- Identify your own learning and development priorities
- Demonstrate an awareness of how to understand colleagues needs individually and in teams, and how to influence this
- Identify how to encourage diverse strategies in the workplace and avoid 'the mirror image' approach
- Recognise how improving your influencing skills and personal impact will resolve real issues from your workplace
- Identifying and addressing your possible communication and information blindspots and where you may have cognitive or cultural biases
- Identify solutions for your real-life workplace issues and strategies for dealing with them
- Create realistic and sustainable personal development strategies.
WHAT ARE THE DATES AND FEES?
The programme consists of three workshops and four action learning meetings. Participants attend three workshops and four reflective learning meetings, two sessions after Workshop 1 and two after Workshop 2. The programme also includes a networking dinner event on 28 February 2018. Workshop 1 commences at 9:30 (Registration 9:15 on 22 June 2017). All other sessions start at 9:00 and finish at 16:00 unless directed otherwise.
22 June 2017
24 November 2017
28 February 2018
REFLECTIVE LEARNING MEETINGS
29 September 2017
6 November 2017
18 January 2018
27 February 2018
Networking Dinner - Evening of 27 February 2018
(Fees cover all the 8 programme sessions and the networking dinner)
£2900 +VAT - PLSA members
£4795 + VAT - non-members
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7601 1735