Understanding investment consists of two sessions:
- Session 1 - The fundamentals
- Session 2 - The characteristics
The sessions are offered online through our virtual training platform.
Please note: You will need internet access with video and audio for this training. If you work in an open plan office you may wish to use headphones.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
To understand the basic principles of pension scheme investment.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who wants to know more about pension scheme investment, and in particular, new trustees who have little or no experience of investment.
Session 1 - The fundamentals
- Why pension schemes invest
- Key factors influencing pension scheme investment
- Key facts about the main investments (Asset Classes) used by pension schemes
- Alternative asset classes
Session 2 - The characteristics
- Equities (shares) Bonds and cash and their relative risk, return and liquidity
- Factors influencing the suitability and diversity of investments
- Varieties of investment management
- Monitoring investment performance
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
After taking part in this course you will be able to:
- Recognise why pension schemes invest and the factors that influence investment performance
- Identify the range of investments used by pension schemes and describe their relative characteristics and risks
- Contrast and compare the varieties of investment management and strategies available to pension schemes
A single fee of £160 +VAT covers both sessions
VIRTUAL SESSION DATES AND TIMES
The sessions are offered through our virtual training platform using an internet connection.
Both sessions each lasting 1 hour are offered on the same day:
Session 1 - The fundamentals (11:00 - 12:00)
Session 2 - The characteristics (14:00 - 15:00)
Please note: You will need internet access with video and audio for this training.
If you work in an open plan office you may wish to use headphones.
WHAT ARE THE DATES AND TIMES?
For more information please contact Anna Dixon:
020 7601 1765 email@example.com