As part of the PLSA's BREAKING THE MIRROR IMAGE campaign promoting wider diversity and expertise on trustee boards, the PLSA Academy has developed Becoming a trustee for employees and past employees.
Becoming a trustee consists of two separate sessions:
- Session 1 - How do I become a trustee?
- Session 2 - What does a trustee do?
The sessions are offered through our virtual training platform using an internet connection.
You will need video and audio access to do this training. If you work in an open plan office you may want to use head phones.
WHAT IS becoming a trustee for ?
To provide an insight into the appointment and role of a trustee.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Becoming a trustee is for anyone who is interested in becoming a pension scheme trustee. Employers and pension schemes keen to develop wider, more diverse participation on their trustee boards will find this course especially helpful to inform employees or past employees who may be selected for election to a trustee board.
Session 1 - How do I become a trustee?
- Creating your trustee CV
- What may be involved in selection or election
- Trustee appointments
- How to present yourself as a suitable candidate
Session 2 - What does a trustee do?
- Main duties, responsibilities and powers of a trustee
- Trustee liability and protection
- Decision making, delegation and discretion
- Where to go to find out more
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
After taking part in both sessions you will:
- Recognise how to prepare for a pension scheme trustee appointment
- Be familiar with key features included in the processes for appointing pension scheme trustees
- Be able to identify the main duties, responsibilities and powers of a pension scheme trustee
- Be aware how pension scheme trustees protect themselves
- Recognise the main factors involved in trustee decision making, delegation and exercising discretion
VIRTUAL SESSION DATES AND TIMES
17 APRIL 2018
30 MAY 2018
11 SEPTEMBER 2018
23 OCTOBER 2018
SESSIONS ARE FREE TO PLSA MEMBERS
NON MEMBERS - A single fee of £200+VAT covers both sessions 1 & 2
For more information please contact Anna Dixon on:
020 7601 1765 | email@example.com