WHAT IS THE PROGRAMME FOR?
To enhance personal impact and professional standing within the pensions industry. Participants work on real-life issues from their own workplace to develop their leadership, influencing and decision-making skills. Brendan McCarron who takes the lead on the delivery of the programme, discusses leadership in a short video which can be accessed on our video archive page here.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Pensions industry professionals new to management or experienced managers interested in refreshing their skills.
- Self-awareness eg how I come across to direct reports, senior management and other pension professionals
- Influencing and leadership strategies
- Situational awareness and appropriate decision-making
- Recognising communication problems impacting on decisions
- How teams develop internally and externally
- Improving team work
- Personal development strategies and how to adapt these into team strategies
Have a look at the Programme Brochure for more information.
WHAT WILL I LEARN
After completing the programme you will be able to:
- Recognise why there is a need for self-aware influential leaders
- Determine how your degree of influence is identified in your own organisation
- Identify your own learning and development priorities
- Demonstrate an awareness of how to understand colleagues needs individually and in teams, and how to influence this
- Recognise how improving your influencing skills and personal impact will resolve real issues from your workplace
- Identifying and addressing your possible communication and information blindspots
- Identify solutions for your real-life workplace issues and strategies for dealing with them
- Create realistic and sustainable personal development strategies.
WHAT ARE THE DATES AND FEES?
The programme consists of three workshops and four action learning meetings. Participants attend three workshops and four reflective learning meetings, two sessions after Workshop 1 and two after Workshop 2. The programme also includes a networking dinner event on 14 November 2017. Workshop 1 commences at 9:30 (Registration 9:15 on 18 January 2017). All other sessions start at 9:00 and finish at 16:00 unless directed otherwise.
18 January 2017
13 July 2017
15 November 2017
REFLECTIVE LEARNING MEETINGS
01 March 2017
25 May 2017
21 September 2017
10 October 2017
Networking Dinner - Evening of 14 November 2017
(Fees cover all the 8 programme sessions and the networking dinner)
£2900 +VAT - PLSA members
£4795 + VAT - non-members
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 020 7601 1752
Courses take place at the PLSA's London offices
For further information please contact Rebecca Moessl on tel: 020 7601 1709 or email: email@example.com