WHAT IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
This workshop entitled Getting to grips with investment strategy - asset allocation is the second of two one hour workshops designed to help trustees navigate the complexities of investing in today's challenging environment. This workshop follows on from the first workshop run on 16 September 2016 and looks at recent trends in asset allocation and the importance of building a scheme-specific asset allocation that reflects an individual scheme's circumstances.
Both workshops are sponsored and delivered by Russell Investments.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Trustees of DB pension schemes and anyone responsible for running a DB scheme.
Owen Davies, Senior Manager, UK Institutional
- Pension schemes have different circumstances, justifying different asset allocations
- Scheme sponsors also have different circumstances and Trustees have different risk appetites
- Asset allocation should evolve as things change
- Different asset classes play different roles in delivering your strategy
- When comparing strategies, it is helpful to consider multiple risk measures including VaR
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
After attending the workshop you will be able to:
- Recognise the issues which impact upon the design of an asset allocation strategy
- Identify why the experience of the sponsor and the scheme impact upon strategy decisions
- Recognise how your strategy should evolve as things change
WHAT ARE THE DATES AND TIMES?
4:30pm- 5:30pm on 26 September 2016, at the PLSA, London
Registration from 4:00pm
- Free to Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association members -
- £100+VAT non-members -
For more information please contact Rebecca Moessl on tel: 020 7601 1709 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org