WHAT IS THE COURSE FOR?
To learn how to put the theory of pension scheme trusteeship into practice.
WHO IS IT FOR?
New trustees who have acquired the principles of the pension trustee role (or anyone who has completed Introduction to Trusteeship Part 1 - The Theory)
- The protocol and mechanics of decision – making, including exercising discretions
- Decisions about investments
- Managing delegates and advisers
- Trustee communications
- Getting it wrong, IDRP and the Pensions Ombudsman
- Conflicts of interest
- Maintaining a relationship with the employer
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
After attending the course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between duties and discretions in their scheme’s Trust Deed and Rules
- Recognise what the law expects of trustees when taking decisions and, separately, exercising discretions
- Implement key principles of trustee delegation both in relation to their own trustee decisions (e.g. delegation to committees) and when delegating to external professional advisers
- Identify key principles relating to trustee liability and the appointment of third parties
- Recognise the main areas to focus on when putting in place legal documentation for the appointment of advisers
- Identify pitfalls which may occur in scheme member communications
- Demonstrate an awareness of why it is important to build a good relationship with the sponsoring employer
- Identify what is meant by a conflict of interest and suggest ways that conflicts could be managed
WHAT ARE THE DATES AND TIMES?
1 day, 10:00-16:00
The Introduction to trusteeship part 2 course is full on 21 November. Please contact Anna if you would like to go on a waiting list 020 7601 1765 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this course on 21 November will be taking place in the new PLSA offices, 24 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4TY
£488+VAT - PLSA member
£868+VAT - non-member
Courses take place at the PLSA's London offices.
Click here for location details and nearby hotels.
For more information please contact Anna Dixon:
020 7601 1765 | email@example.com
Join us on 6 December for our Trustee Conference, an exclusive one-day event designed for trustees to help you keep up-to-date on the latest changes affecting pensions and the growing complexity of the role of a trustee – all abilities catered for. To register click here. Full programme details will be available from September.
Open ONLY to non-professional and professional trustees the conference attracts around 200 people. It is free to attend for member non-professional trustees.